Primary PCI for STEMI
- STEMI is ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. A type of myocardial infarction (heart attack) with characteristic ST elevation on electrocardiogram.
- PCI is Percutaneous Coronary Intervention.
- Primary PCI is the PCI without pharmacologic intervention before PCI procedure except those given during PCI procedure.
- Direct admission: Patients who received the STEMI diagnosis at the PCI hospital.
- Transferred admission: Patients have STEMI diagnosis at other (First-non PCI) hospital then transfer to PCI hospital.
- “Door to Balloon time” is counting from FMC – First Medical Contact – when the diagnosis of STEMI was made, to the time start using device to open the occluded coronary artery.
- For direct admission: Door to balloon time should be <90 minutes
For transferred admission: Door to Balloon time should be <120 minutes.