Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is designed for the complete care of cardiac patients and those with high risk of heart disease.
A successful recovery from bypass surgery requires a thorough understanding of the process by the patient and their family. Recovery is directly related to the extent of damage already caused by the coronary artery disease and the natural healing ability of the heart. The cardiac rehabilitation team supports the individual and the body during the healing process and repair of the damaged tissues. The cardiac rehabilitation program is well equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and full-time cardiologists. Patient and family education is a part of cardiac rehabilitation program to help the patient understand how the heart works and what can be done to improve and maintain excellent health.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic at Bangkok Heart Hospital is well equipped with state of the art technology, trained physician and full time cardiologists.
Patient and family education is also a part of Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic. This will help the patient to understand how the heart works and what the patient can do to improve and maintain an excellent health.
If you are just recovering from heart attack or heart – related illnesses and you would like to regain your strength and fitness without worry about safety, cardiac rehabilitation can help you return to active life style, have more energy to do things you like and you may gain the most valuable benefit of cardiac rehabilitation that is to slow or even reverse progression of cardiovascular disease in the future.
Cardiac rehabilitation clinic services
What is cardiac rehabilitation?
- Exercise – based cardiac rehabilitation program
- Relaxation clinic for physical stress reduction (On progress)
- Nutritional counseling
- EECP (Enhanced external counter pulsation)
Cardiac rehabilitation is medically supervised program of exercise, education and activity to help heart patients recover quickly, improve physical and mental fitness and guide life style changes.
What are the benefits of cardiac rehabilitation?
Who can benefit from cardiac rehabilitation?
- Slow or may reverse the progression of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce mortality rate
- Reduce cardiac event
- Better control risk factors
- Improve functional capacity
- Improve quality of life
- Cardiac patients :
- Stable angina
- Post acute myocardial infarction
- Post coronary artery bypass and other heart surgeries
- Post angioplasty
- Heart failure
- Controlled cardiac arrhythmia
- Post pacemaker placement
- Risk factor groups :
Many patients with others medical illnesses also benefit from medically supervised exercise program such as pulmonary diseases, peripheral arterial disease, end – stage renal diseases, cancers and elderly patients.
What does our program provide?
Our program is decided to meet the specific needs of individuals and suitable with stages of illnesses that include:
Cardiac rehabilitation begins when a patient stays in the hospital and just recovers from a heart – related problem or surgery. For the patients who are admitted for bypass or other heart surgeries, our teams take care the patients since preoperative period to help the patients deal with postoperative situations efficiently. Moreover they can cooperate with intensive rehabilitation to get recovery ad quickly as they can.
Inpatient rehabilitation includes:
- Supervised and closely monitored progression of physical activities to find safety level of daily activities and exercise throughout convalescent period.
- Patient and family education about disease process, risk factors, appropriate modification, self – monitoring techniques and general activities guidelines.
- Diet and nutrition counseling by the dietitian on individual problems basis.
To enhance confidence of the patients with heart disease and heart – related illnesses to resume daily and social life. After leaving from hospital we encourage them to attend cardiac rehabilitation program at least 2- 3 times a week during 12- 16 weeks after event or surgery.
Outpatient program include:
- Supervised and closely monitored individualized exercise program of proper intensity to maximize patient’s cardiopulmonary fitness without exceeding safety limit. Patients also learn how to monitor themselves at home.
- Emphasizes patient education and risk factors modification and implement life style change in real life.